Yesterday I took off work to burn a vacation day (they collect so fast, I get to the point I have to use em or lose em) and I got my sewing ON.
First, I cut up four yards of fabric into fat quarters. But that's boring so no pics.
Then I got some quilt blocks sewn for a few swaps.
First up, a round of crazy 9 patch. The swaps call for two blocks to two partners. These are the ones I shipped out (each set makes three, I keep one set).
I really like both sets but the lighter colored one is my favorite. It's so low volume and modern. I really like these blocks in general, too. They're fast and easy to make and make a nice finished product. It also helps me use up some fabric I otherwise would have turned my nose up at. Like the brown blocks. I really didn't like the floral print or the checks but together with that pastoral print and they work. And using them in these blocks just about used them all up, so it's a win/win for me.
Next up. . .
The swap was two partners, two blocks each. But I made an extra one for each partner. It's really not that big a deal to make an extra, and I liked all these fabrics and wanted to use them for polaroids. (they look really crooked in the pic but that's just the way I have them siting on the table, they really aren't made poorly).
I really love the opossum one. That fabric still makes me laugh.
I'm still not sure I'm making this block right/well. They always seem a little warbly. Not exactly crooked but just wavy at times. I think it's a combination of the white strips stretching a tiny bit when sewing and my seams no being pressed quite right. But the more I make them the better I get so that's good.
Yesterday I also pulled fabrics for a set of green Teesha patches (and started figuring out what I want to do with them) and finished up some panel dolls (I'll show those off in a separate post--it was too dark to get pics once I had them done yesterday).
Well, the set of green teesha's and then I HAVE to get the Teesha comic at least started. I think that swap is stumping all involved since the hostess decided to move the ship date out to January. I have a good idea but I really need to plan it out so I do all the steps in the right order to get a nice finished product.
Sadly, I don't think I'll get a baby quilt sewn for Hopeful Threads challenge this month. November just zoomed by. BUT, I will have something for the Fluff Project and I have a quilt in my craft room that I can re-gift to this month's challenge (I've been looking for a new home for it and this is perfect).
I also need to decide if I'm going to make something for my sister this year or not. I have an idea but I'm not sure I've committed to it just yet. I need to think about it a bit more.
OH, and I won't be having a giveaway this month. I just ran out of time. But I will have one in December (and might even participate in the Sew Mama Sew giveaway thingy).