Finished up some patches for a swap. Trying to get a few things finished up and out in the mail on Wednesday (before the holiday).
These were for the Teesha Moore Rainbow series of swaps. This is a green set.
Full set. I only had to make three but I ended up making four (since one of them isn't very "green").
Biggest of the bunch. Octopus with a mustache. Did a bit of embroidery on the corners to hold the fabric down and added some beads for the eyes. I still love these mustache buttons.
Two smaller ones. Yes, that's a monkey in a fez. My swap partner's profile mentioned they collect monkey in fezes so. . .why not. The gnome patch was the one I made to complete the required three green ones. I made it after the others were done and it's really little. I was happy to get to use some of the silver and green fabric (I wanted to use it in this set but didn't get to it until I made this little patch).
The backs. More gnomes on the back of the fez monkey. That fabric is cute, what can I say.
This patch is why I felt I needed to make one more truly green patch. Originally I was going to back it with this fuzzy green fabric I had (that I used on the witch dotee a while back) but then I realized I had some sock monkey scraps and I couldn't resist using that fabric instead. As I was cutting the backing, I snipped off a little bit and it curled up on itself and that's how the tail came about. Again, I just couldn't resist. I only did a bit of embroidery on the fabric (enhanced the red on some of the mouths and butts and a french knot on the one hat--I swear I can't make a set of patches without at least one french knot). I've been dieing to use some of these cute beads I bought, so this was a good as a reason as any. Sock monkeys taking a coffee and donut break. Cute and yummy!
Next up are the christmas ornament patches. I'm about done with them and they're turning out quite well. Then I just need to make a poochie bag and I'll have everything I want to mail out done. Busy busy busy.