Thursday, November 7, 2013

Progress Report: Little Portraits



Yes, I worked the green even more.  It looks extra washed out in this pic but in person it looks more like the true color (a chartreuse).  I like the shade in the before shot, but it's too bright and too cartoony looking.  So I'm almost there with the green.  Once I get the green just about set, I need to work the red the same way.  Then just make the background pop (based on the new body shades) and then add the fine details like the tiny fibers you can see on the surface of the whole doll.

I'm finally feeling like I'll see an end to this final Little Portrait.

Next week we have a live model so I probably won't work this painting at all, which is kind of good because I need to start thinking up a new idea but I'm kind of "meh" about the whole thing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment