Friday, November 22, 2013

Hello Tokyo Panel Dolls (for the Fluff Project)

I got a surprise in the mail about a week ago.

Kristy (from Hopeful Threads) sent me a fabric gift.  Inside was the Hello Tokyo doll panel (and two cuts of fabric, one from the line and one from another line).

I was THRILLED.

Not only have I been wanting to get and make these dolls for the Fluff Project but this month has really had its way with me so I hadn't even thought about what I was going to make (if anything) for the Fluff project this month and this fixed that problem.

I got sewed them up immediately but didn't finish them up until a day or so ago.  Then I had to wait a day or so to get some half way decent pics (natural light is so fleeting this time of year!).


SUPER CUTE!!


I backed two with the ballerina fabric (which is really a light yellow/beige--this pic doesn't do it justice) and two with the blue fabric from the Hello Tokyo line.


I think the gal in the green is my favorite.

There are also cats on the panel (one is just a face, the other is a full body doll) but those are for ME.  I haven't sewn them up or anything yet.

I'm so dropping the ball on this month's sewing challenge.  It was blankets/quilts for kids and I just ran out of time.  Really, it's been a long time since I've had a month just whip by like this but November just disappeared in front of my eyes.  I do have a quilt I can donate (I won it and it's fabulous but I have never used it and it seems wasteful to keep it when I can give it to someone who will use it) so I don't feel super bad about crapping out on the quilt challenge.  I'm sure it will come up again.  NICUs will always need blankets for the bitty sproggen, so. . .

These cuties (along with the quilt) will go off in the mail (hopefully) next week.  I should have boxed them up last night to join the pile of stuff I'm mailing out this morning but I just didn't do it.  I was lazy last night and just had pizza and watched t.v. (and my cats chasing each other, they're so cute!).



No comments:

Post a Comment