Wednesday, April 16, 2014

For a swap: May Unique Holiday Dotee

Just finished this cutie up last night.


May 4th is Star Wars Day, so an Ewok seemed quite appropriate.


I haven't made one of these in a bit.

This time I used some new fabric I scored at a big ole rummage sale I went to over the weekend.

The fabric is (I think) faux suede.  I think it's faux because the back had white cottony fusing on the back, like you see on plastic table clothes.  But it did smell a little bit like leather once I got pawing it.

It was tricky to work with.  Sewing wasn't so bad.  I don't think I had the best needle in the machine since I could hear punching but I wasn't going far (that's how I think of sewing, like mileage!) so I just talked the machine through it.

Turning it was a bit more of a challenge, complicated by my not leaving the turning hole wide enough so I had to get the seam ripper after it.  The ears were a bit of work but not too bad.


The cowl is felt.  The face is embroidered and marker.  Hanger is just some ribbon.


Tail has a cute little mushroom.  I've had this sucker for over a YEAR just waiting for the best time to use it.

True confession, I bought it at Hobby Lobby before I was aware of what a sucky company they are (google it if you want) so I feel a little bit guilty about that.  But only a little since I got it on clearance.  Heaven help me, Hobby Lobby has some good clearance but I'll never spend one more cent there as long as I live (just like Chic-fil-A).

But enough politics, it's time to get to work on some new projects.  Like those darn bunnies.  I did get them all stitched up last night so I plan to finish them tonight.  Let me just leave with this.  Fleece sucks.

OH, and this ewok is going to ITALY.  I'm so excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment