Time for an update!!
First up, Mr. Roboto.
The overall lightness of this pic is just the pic. I didn't do much work on this painting. I put in some high and lowlights (using the thinned out paint method--there's a term for that but I can't be bothered to look it up right now). And obviously the antenna is there. I'm not sure about that antenna just yet. It will need a LOT of work. So will the eye. Right now it just has another coat of base color.
Next up, Priscilla.
Again, the overall lightness is just from it being a bad photo. I didn't get a pic of the crap I had to fix. It was an easy enough fix, not too time consumming. I did get rid of two circles, but I plan to put one back (the one over the eye). The shape was just not right and since I had to put some black in to blot out the damage, that circle needed to go so I could try and do it better. I'm really liking the eye. It's coming along nicely.
Overall it was a good night of painting. I did cuss out Mr. Roboto's antenna at one point but only briefly. I don't think any of my paintings have been completed without being cussed out at least once during the process. Sometimes I wonder if painting isn't really a type of therapy, forcing me to constantly go through the feelings of rejection ("this painting sucks, I suck") only to finally accept them for what they are ("this one's not too bad, I like this or that on it").