Thursday, October 31, 2013

Progress Report: Little Portraits



Oh yeah, the green is finally getting to the shade I want.  In fact, I'm really damn happy with the shade.  It just might be "right".

I worked the green last night (a lot) and then enlarged the pupil.  I wondered why the eyes looked extra derpy and then realized the pupil was too small.  I also worked the background.  I like the slightly lighter background.  I think it helps bring more brightness to the green.

Speaking of green, I need to get me some thalo green.  I'm still using the tiny booger someone lent me.  Thankfully you don't need much to get the bright shades, so maybe that booger will last until this painting is done.

I've been thinking on what I want to do next and I *might* have an idea.  I think I want to do a painting of my Day of the Dead shrine.  That is if I can get a decent photo of it.  The lighting in my house is so horrible.  But I could make a bit of a light box to get a decent pic.  Hmm, that could be a fun challenge.

Then again, in two weeks we'll have a live model in class so if I could just make this last Little Portrait last until then, to give me time to figure out what I want to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment