I'm breaking this up into three posts because it's my blog and I want to. But (non-sassy) I want to jabber a bit about the other two things (because they are worth it) but I don't want this patch getting short changed.
So, I finished this patch for a swap.
The theme was "summer":
Yup, pretty straight forward "summer" theme. But I did it a little different than I usually do.
I did direct applique with the image. No heat and bond used. It worked out well, too. I like the rough edges done with zig zag stitch.
I also did patchwork for the front and back (and left the raw edge visible on the front because it felt more sand-like that way).
I've wanted to do a patchwork back for a while and this patch was perfect for it. It doesn't line up exactly on the front but I'm ok with that.
I also matched the floss to the fabric which is something I don't normally do. Normally I just grab whatever's at the top of the floss nest and go for it.
This patch was mailed out today. I hope it's well received.