Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Swap Finished: Patch

I'm breaking this up into three posts because it's my blog and I want to.  But (non-sassy) I want to jabber a bit about the other two things (because they are worth it) but I don't want this patch getting short changed.

So, I finished this patch for a swap.

The theme was "summer":


Yup, pretty straight forward "summer" theme.  But I did it a little different than I usually do.


I did direct applique with the image.  No heat and bond used.  It worked out well, too.  I like the rough edges done with zig zag stitch.

I also did patchwork for the front and back (and left the raw edge visible on the front because it felt more sand-like that way).


I've wanted to do a patchwork back for a while and this patch was perfect for it.  It doesn't line up exactly on the front but I'm ok with that.

I also matched the floss to the fabric which is something I don't normally do.  Normally I just grab whatever's at the top of the floss nest and go for it.

This patch was mailed out today.  I hope it's well received.

No comments:

Post a Comment