Thursday, May 23, 2013

Progress Report: "Little Portraits"

Good progress last night.

First up, the subtle changes on Priscilla.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


The only changes are to the nose (slightly darker) and major face-lift work on the eye patch.  I enlarged the patch last week and this week I recolored the stripes to blend in the enlargement.  Then I whittled down the nose, mouth, and whiskers and did a little work on the eyes.  It's looking better and better every time I work on it.  It's finally starting to lose that out of place feeling it had before.

Next up, Clark/Superworm.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


Oh yeah, it's starting to take shape.  Even at this rough stage, the tiny bit of shading I have on this makes it look SO much better.  I'm trying something new and working in some of the shading as I paint instead of making it all one color and then adding in all the shadows.  I'm also really liking the color that's coming out for the background.  I don't have any one color in mind for it but I am leaning toward a bluish/steel gray look.

I didn't have time to work on Mr. Roboto last night but he's VERY close to being officially DONE.  I just need to do a bit more work on his antenna (and maybe the eye) and I have a feeling he'll be finished.

I don't think I have any more painting sessions left.  I'm vacationing next week so I'll miss that class which I think is the last.  There's one extension class after that (you pay extra for it) but I'm not doing that this time around.  So these lovelies will likely sit for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh congrats on being near done! Interested in what clark/superworm is going to look like :)

    ReplyDelete