Thursday, May 9, 2013

Progress Report: Little Portraits

Finally back to painting.

First up, Mr. Roboto:

BEFORE:


AFTER:


The changes are more and more subtle.

I darkened up the corners (they were just too white) and worked on the antennae.  It still needs a lot of work to get it less bright.  But it's coming along.  The eye is also finally heading in the right direction.

PRISCILLA

BEFORE:



AFTER:


Wow, the lighting is bad on this photo.  Very washed out.  For the record, I made the eyes on the eye patch larger (and I really like them).  Again, the changes are subtle because they're mostly shading/lightening (which shows for crap in this really bad photo).

I'm liking where both are heading.  I plan to do at least one more little portrait.  I was going to make two more (another cat and another robot) but I'm just not motivated to sew the other robot and I'm kind of bored of the cat shape.  But I do want to make at least one more of these little canvases.  So I think I'm going to use Super Worm for one of them.  But don't quote me on that.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete