Wednesday, May 22, 2013

For a swap: June Unique Holiday Dotee

I haven't mailed this one yet since partners haven't been assigned.  But I'm ready to mail as soon as I know WHO get is.

This was made for the June Unique Holiday swap:



June 4 is Hug Your Cat day.  June is also "Adopt a Cat" month.  So even if my swap partner doesn't have a cat, they will now.



It's hard to see in the photos, but the eyes are black sequins held on with small yellow seed beads.  The nose is a larger bead.



The body is some fabric I had in my scrap bin.  I think I got it in a scrap swap, it was a really small piece that was just perfect for this project.  The tail is black felt I glued onto the back.

I recycled some ribbon for the neck bow.


And I got to use one of my super cute budgie buttons for the tail.  The tail is folded over ric rac that I sewed together to make it rigid and to keep the button from flopping down so you couldn't see it.

This is a very simple dotee that took only about an hour start to finish but I really like it.  Now I just need the swap host to assign partners so I can mail it out.  It has to be mailed by June 1 and I'm going on vacation in a few days so I may have to mail it while I'm on vacation!  Such excitement, be still my heart!

What's up next?

Under the Sea dotee.  I'm hosting that swap and to be honest I haven't really thought about what to make just yet.  But I have a while so maybe I'll think up something while I'm on vacation.  I'm off to the beach so that should be good inspiration.

1 comment: