Tuesday, September 25, 2012

October Overhaul!

It's time to get serious about organizing and cleaning up my craft supply hoard.

I've had it on my "to do" list for a while and even announced to the wife that I need a shelf (to display my finished items).  So since I need a shelf then I need the input of the wife so he can figure out where we'll put the shelf and what kind of shelf and where to buy the shelf. . .yeah, all that shelf talk turned into a huge excuse not to get any real organizing done.

BUT NO MORE.

Last night the wife got a bug up his rump and started tidying not only his side of our dining room table (where the majority of my fabric hoard resides) but also did some organizing in the computer/craft room.

This is a very good thing.

Then Pinkapotamus started an October Overhaul and. . .well. . .it's like the stars are aligning and it's now truly time to get my mess straightened up.

But I do have to amend the lone rule for the October Overhaul.  The lone rule is NO BUYING Oct 1 through Oct 31.  But I have a few projects I have already planned to buy for so I'm making a list of approved purchases that can be made during the "no buying" time line.

Approved Purchases:

1.  Wool blend felt.  I need halloween based colors to make part of a gift for a halloween exchange I signed up for.  So I'm allowing ONE wool blend felt purchase from Wool Felt Central.  (but no adding in any other items--ONLY felt is allowed)

2.  Happy Drawing II fabric set.  This set isn't out yet (and comes out in October).  I'm using both Happy Drawing collections to make a quilt, so the minute Happy Drawing II comes out I plan to buy the yardage I want (of the prints I want) so I make sure I don't miss out on it.  I already have all the yardage planned (per print).  I plan to buy from Hawthorne Threads.  (again, no adding anything else to that order--ONLY Happy Drawing II fabric allowed).

3.  Halloween themed ribbon/notions.  I do need some halloween ribbon for the aforementioned halloween exchange project.  I don't have any halloween themed ribbon in my stash and I need some to re-do an altoid tin (see, I know what I want to do with it).  So I am allowing for a ribbon purchase during the "no buying" time frame. 

And that's IT.

Those three purchases are the only ones allowed.  I'm going to try and do the buying for #1 and #3 this week (before the buying ban goes into effect) but I can't guarantee it will happen.

So, now that I've written down my few allowances, I'm officially joining the OCTOBER OVERHAUL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment