Another month is almost over and I'm happy to report I have purchased NO FABRIC.
Not even one little bit.
That means my wish list is growing and growing.
But first, I have to brag. I'm sewing up eight fabric pouches for my charity sewing and ALL of the fabric was from my stash. Mega bust, I have it!
Current Fabric Wish List (in no particular order):
1. Cat Nap: I love this fabric and hope by the time the fast is over I'll be able to score it for a song.
2. Mini series by Timeless Treasures. I love these beavers and they have cats and some other animals I like.
3. Folklorico. There are new prints in this line. I like this one and there are some with other skeletons.
4. Koi (collection by A E Nathan). Found this one at Equilter and I WANT IT! So pretty. The other goldfish one is cute too (found it on the same search) but if I had to only pick one I'd go with the top image. LOVE IT.
5. Wee Wander, of course. Adorable. Just adorable.
6. Goldfish (by Hoodie for Timeless Treasures). HOLY FISHY, I want this so bad. A-freaking-dorable. I have a feeling this one won't be easy to find and will be out of my price range (never go on sale). But as long as I get something with koi/goldfish I'll be ok.
7. Hello Petal (Moda). LOVE the cat print in this set. The others don't do anything for me but I have a side collection of cat print fabrics and this one NEEDS to be in my kitty collection. Meow!
8. Sea (Timeless Treasures). I love octopus print fabric. This reminds me so much of Saltwater but I like how the octopi are floating/swimming not just static like Saltwater.
I don't know that I'd buy everything on that list (since I don't like to pay full price) but I'd love to have each and every one of those. Cat Nap and Wee Wander, I'd like to a few of the prints in the set (LOVE the mice in the Cat Nap line--they're riding bikes!!).
Ok, enough fabric lusting, we're discussing how I'm being good and not buying fabric. And I am being good. VERY good.
I've been to Joanns multiple times and even pawed through the remnant bin and not grabbed up anything. Ok, it helped that the remnant bin was sad and I didn't want any of it. I didn't even go into the fabric area, lest I spy a super clearance rack and be too tempted and cave.
I have still been getting my buying fix by picking up non-fabric items here and there. But even with notions buying I'm being conservative. I don't buy just to buy. I try to think of a few projects that something could work for before I get it OR just replace things I've used up. I do indulge and get something just for fun if it's super cheap. Like this pack of charms I got for FIFTY CENTS. It's a dragon with some stars and I'm not sure what I'll use it for but for fifty cents I decided I could treat myself.
Shopping from my stash has been very satisfying, too. I have to confess, I thought I had used up one print of fabric I had in my stash and was lamenting it being gone and then I got to digging and low and behold, there it was (in two different colorways). For the record, I don't normally buy the same print in different colors but this was a print in a fat quarter bundle I scored at Tuesday Morning (for a song) so that's why I had so much of it.
I've also been entering giveaways but I've found I'm being more picky about what I enter. I have to really like the fabric to enter the drawing. I used to just enter any and everything. So I'm definitely becoming less greedy, which is a GREAT thing.
I still need to clean up my craft room and get rid of some stuff. But I'm so very lazy. . .