Thursday, January 30, 2014

Painting: FINISHED one!!

I'm officially calling one of my paintings DONE.

It's been a long haul for the Little Portraits set and I wish the whole set was done but alas, only one is Officially Complete.

I give you:  Clark (aka Super Worm)


It took a long time to get the green shade right and to get it to a place where I feel confident it is done.  I don't hate it and even kind of like it, so that's a good sign.

Unfortunately, after seeing how well Clark turned out I need to go back to Priscilla and Mr. Roboto and tweak them a bit.  So the Little Portraits set won't be totally done for a few more weeks (hey, it's been a year now, what's a few more weeks, right?)


Close up (without my classmates butt in the background!)


I think the scarf may be my favorite part of this painting.  I also like the stitching along the head.

I've already started re-working Priscilla.  Nothing major (no do-overs, just working with what's already on the canvas).  Ok, I did re-do the entire background but that wasn't really a big deal.  It made a huge difference, too.  I'll show that one off next week.  I'm also going to give Mr. Roboto a small tweak.  His antennae is a bit flat looking so I need to do the shadowing thing on it a bit better.

Someday I'll get to my next painting project, a break from painting my sewn creations.  I'll be doing a total abstract painting.  I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's even cooler than before, I love how the goggles shadow makes it look 3dish too!

    ReplyDelete