Monday, August 26, 2013

Quilt Blocks

I totally forgot to post this last week.

I'm in a recurring swap on swap bot where we swap Crazy 9 patch blocks.  I've been trying to use fabric from the 12 lb fabric remnant box.  Technically it's not "charity" sewing but I'm still counting it in the FY14 Charity Sewing Challenge.  (and for the record, charity sewing that I do out of my stash counts, too--but the focus really is to use that remnant box).

Ok, blah blah over, let's see the blocks.


The top block contains two stash fabrics and one remnant box fabric (the smaller dots are from the box).  The bottom block is all remnant box fabrics.

This set was for the second round of the swap.


This top block has two (I think) remnant box fabrics and the birds are from my stash.
The bottom block has one box fabric (I think the white is from the box) and two stash fabrics.

This set was for the first round of the swap (hence the fabrics that don't quite work--the animal/cowboy fabric one was the first I ever made of this type of block).

So, these represent round 1 and 2 of this swap.  Round three's fabrics have been chosen and cut and they're all from the box (and they coordinate really well).  I'll show them off once I have them sewn.

I just might have to include some of these fabrics in the next giveaway, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment