Thursday, December 20, 2012

DONE! "J+X"

Guess what's DONE.


Oh yeah, it's done.

That pic is kind of crap since I forgot to snap it while it was still on the easel.

I can't believe I finished a painting in only FOUR sessions.  That's light spead for me.

I'm not sure how I feel about this finished painting.  I don't have any really strong feelings about it.  I like it because I accomplished what I wanted to do (a different style and a quick painting) but I dislike it because it doesn't make me react much and it doesn't make other people react much.  I guess it's more a painting for me (for the fun of it) then a display piece for others to really enjoy. 

I'm quite happy with it and had fun doing it so that makes it a success.

Now I get to think about what I want to do NEXT.

I'm thinking it's time to finally get some oval canvases.  I've been wanting to play with those for a while.

That would mean only one thing then. . .PORTRAITS.

Robot Portraits.

Yeah, I like the sound of that.  That will motivate me to finish the second robot I abandoned months ago.  I need to make two Robot Portraits.  One of Mr. Roboto and one of his companion, Cylindra (yes, I named the as yet unfinished robot and she's a she). 

I'm going back to my more realistic style (with lots of shading/blending--I do enjoy that) but I think I'll go for smallish canvases (so I might get them both done in a years time--I paint so slowly!).

I won't be painting again until the new class session starts so that will give me plenty of time to get Cylindra done and get my canvases.

WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment