It's almost done!
It's so weird that I could get a painting done in only four sessions. I feel like I'm cheating or something.
Here's where it was when I started last night:
Subtle differences are subtle.
You can see a bit of the shading (on the head, dress and boots) and of course the pink blobby dots representing the elephant sequins (on the original painting). I also added a bit of shading on the black but it's not really noticable in the pic. It's also not super obvious in person, either. The black was still wet so the added white was kind of swallowed up.
Next week (last session until next semester) I'll touch up the black shading (make it pop) and add the yellow blobs (I think two really bright ones representing the flowers on the dress) and I think this one will be DONE. (yeah, I'll probably diddle around with other parts, but I only have two real things on the "to do" list).
So that leaves me wondering what I'm going to do for my NEXT painting.
I really want to work with an oval canvas so I'm thinking a small series of Funky Portraits. Maybe that will motivate me to finish the cylindrical robot I've let languish. Then I can do a set of Robot Portraits. Or maybe a set of Squid Portraits. I know Violetta would love to have her portrait painted.
Yeah, I really want to do oval shaped portraits.