Thursday, October 18, 2012

"Kitty Up" : Progress report

It's Thursday so that means it's time for an progress report on my current painting, "Kitty Up".

Here is what it looked like when I started class last night:


And what it looks like NOW:


Timothy's eyes are slowly emerging!

I think I'm about ready to consider Mr. Roboto finished for now.  I'll keep working on Timothy's facial features every class (it's such a small area once it's wet I have to leave it) but now my real focus is on the background. 

It's taking a LOT of blending to get the coloring right.  But it's totally worth the effort.  The more I work the background the more the figures start to come out.  So I need to spend some quality time with the background and see how it affects the figures.  As I layer and blend the background, flat spots on the figures crop up.

Once I get Timothy's eyes and the background to a good place I can work on Timothy's body.  The last thing I'll add is Mr. Roboto's antenna and the whaling on Timothy's body (he's corduroy).

For the record, here's the photo I'm working from.

(crap, I can't find it now and I don't have time to find it--I'll dig it up for the next progress report).

No comments:

Post a Comment