Monday, June 19, 2017

For a swap: Patches!

Since these have safely arrived at their new home, I can now show them off in all their glory.  (I did just a wee peek at them on my instagram because I'm an attention whore).


That's the pic I shared on instagram.  It's the back for THIS:


Ahhhh!  Freaky eyes!

That's a piece of a washcloth (never used, don't get all grossed out) and I gave the seahorse and whale some wacky bead eyes then added a big ole tacky turtle bead.  I bought this kids type bead grab bag (so it was all plastic beads shaped like animals, pony beads, and those plastic beads that look like gems) and I've been trying to use some of the cute animals beads for this latest round of color themed patches (in case you didn't notice, this month is green).

You have to make two patches per color so. . .


I give you patch numero dose.

What the hell is that, you ask?

HAH!  (that's me laughing at you because I get it, it's a weird patch)

That there is a pair of turtles racing to a sequin an bead finish line.

LIE (you say).  That's just some green bumps.

NO. . .look closer. . .(said in my best Rafiki voice).


Great, a crappy pic, so helpful, right?

Yes, it's a bit overexposed but you can see the wee little embroidered legs/head/tail-i-o next to the green bump.  So that makes it a turtle.  *sticks out tongue*.  I had these wool balls in my crafty crap collection and I cut one in half and VIOLA turtle shells were born.  Sewed them down to the patch with some embroidery floss (that's the yellow lines) then embroidered the body parts around them.  Then add the sequin and bead finish line and DONE.


That's the back.

Shame on me for not ironing the fabric but it was the only bit of fabric that needed ironing and I just could. not. force myself to set up the ironing board and fire up the iron (including adding water so I could have some steam) just to get that one wee not-quite-a-crease out of that fabric.  It's well established that I'm lazy so. . .there's some more proof for you.

The next colors are blue, purple, and then rainbow.  I'm really liking making patches again.  It's fun going through my little three drawer storage container and picking out random things to make patches with.  I already pulled some items for the next patches (but I have to make a tattooed ninni monster first. . .I'm making good progress on it already).

Next up?  Fluff Project report!

No comments:

Post a Comment