Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February Fluff Project: Items DONE!

Yesterday I had to burn a vacation day so that meant it was as Sew Day!

I had to get the Fluff Project items done first thing.

That lead to this pic:


Chain of limbs and tails!

That lead to (eventually). . .


Six kitties total.

Ok, so the yarn one was done weeks ago so it doesn't count as part of the group I finished yesterday.


This one might be my favorite of the group.  I LOVE the sushi fabric.  And I put teeth on that one.  I didn't put them on all the cats.

Each of the cats is different which was a blast.  I love picking out fabrics.

The pattern is from Dolls and Daydreams (the skeleton cat) and I reduced the size by 25% (so this is 75%).  The full size is rather big and since I have to ship these I try not to make really big items.  But if you're making the actual skeleton cat (it has a ton of appliqued felt bones no the limbs and such) you need it full size.  I love the skeleton cat but probably won't ever make another one because it's a lot of work (tedious cutting).

Pussy Parade!






After I made the yarn one (with no full felt face) I decided the embroidery is nicer on the full felt face.

And after I hand stitched one or two of them, I got some balls and decided to machine stitch them.  that lead to getting really bold and using a zig-zag stitch.  GASP, I'm using something other than a straight stitch!  Alert the media!


Cute as hell results, if I do say so myself.


I think they look equally cute with and without teeth.

I need to play with the pattern a bit and see if I can come up with an open eye style.  I like the closed eyes but an open eye would be super cute.  I think I'll go through some of my other patterns and maybe poach eye styles from them (the My Funny Buddy ghosts had good oval shaped eyes in a a variety of sizes).

But I won't be doing that any time soon.  I won't make any more kitties right away.  I already have the March items chosen and the test one is already cut out so. . .I'm super excited about them and can't wait to show them off.

But first I need to finish up with all my blog updates (oh, I'm not done yet)

1 comment: