Yesterday I had to burn a vacation day so that meant it was as Sew Day!
I had to get the Fluff Project items done first thing.
That lead to this pic:
Chain of limbs and tails!
That lead to (eventually). . .
Six kitties total.
Ok, so the yarn one was done weeks ago so it doesn't count as part of the group I finished yesterday.
This one might be my favorite of the group. I LOVE the sushi fabric. And I put teeth on that one. I didn't put them on all the cats.
Each of the cats is different which was a blast. I love picking out fabrics.
The pattern is from Dolls and Daydreams (the skeleton cat) and I reduced the size by 25% (so this is 75%). The full size is rather big and since I have to ship these I try not to make really big items. But if you're making the actual skeleton cat (it has a ton of appliqued felt bones no the limbs and such) you need it full size. I love the skeleton cat but probably won't ever make another one because it's a lot of work (tedious cutting).
After I made the yarn one (with no full felt face) I decided the embroidery is nicer on the full felt face.
And after I hand stitched one or two of them, I got some balls and decided to machine stitch them. that lead to getting really bold and using a zig-zag stitch. GASP, I'm using something other than a straight stitch! Alert the media!
Cute as hell results, if I do say so myself.
I think they look equally cute with and without teeth.
I need to play with the pattern a bit and see if I can come up with an open eye style. I like the closed eyes but an open eye would be super cute. I think I'll go through some of my other patterns and maybe poach eye styles from them (the My Funny Buddy ghosts had good oval shaped eyes in a a variety of sizes).
But I won't be doing that any time soon. I won't make any more kitties right away. I already have the March items chosen and the test one is already cut out so. . .I'm super excited about them and can't wait to show them off.
But first I need to finish up with all my blog updates (oh, I'm not done yet)