Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Kitty Up" : Progress Report

Time to check in on my painting. . .


And here is the After:

The only part I didn't work on was Mr. Roboto.  Wait, that's a lie.  I did touch up the blue dots (on the orange square), his eye, and his antenna. 

I really made some good progress on Timothy's eyes.  At one point I thought the left hand one (at the odd angle) was just a right mess.  But then I stepped back from the painting and saw it really WAS coming along.  I wish I had put the bright specks on the dark ring on the bigger of the eyes.  It would help me really see how close this painting is to being DONE.

Really, it is.  Next week I'll most likely give it another once over (dabbling here and there where necessary) and focus on Timothy's nose and eyes.  Then it's time to think about putting in the whaling for the corduroy.

I was torn on adding the text but after I got it on there (and saw how well it turned out) I'm glad I added it.  It's an odd addition that really works (at least I like it, and it's my painting so *sticks out tongue*).

For reference, this is the photo I'm working from:

Yes, my painting is not 100% true to the painting.  But it's getting really close which makes me VERY happy.

I don't want to make any predictions on how many more classes.  I'm just aiming to have this done by the end of the semester (including the extra three sessions we just signed up for).

No comments:

Post a Comment