Friday, July 10, 2015

For a Swap: Creepy Doll

Finished up my creepy doll swap the other day.  It's all packed up and ready to ship, so now it's time to show it off.


Here she is, a creepy cat like creature and her three equally creepy children.


Yeah, that mouth is creepy.  I got that mouth fabric (and the packet of plastic dog noses) at the sally army fabric sale.  The front fabric is a batik and the back is a felted wool sweater.


Watch out for her stinger.

The tail is just a roll of faux fabric with a jaggy, tooth-like bead at the top.  I got those beads to make a lantern fish (using socks, from the sock toy book I've shown off before) but never got around to it.  So I used a few for this project.


Creepy children.


The girl is already sporting a nice stinger of her own.


The boy doesn't have a stinger (or maybe he had one and it got bit off in a fight?  he is sporting a kind of eye patch so we're not sure what the story is there)


And the baby.  No tail or stinger just yet.  But s/he does have a little lure/toy.  Does s/he lure prey in so the family can sting it?  Hmm, maybe.

All the babies are made from cotton fabrics.  I received the creepy baby faces as an extra from some swap eons ago and wondered just what the hell I was ever going to do with them (besides cringe and ponder tossing them in the goodwill bag).  HAH, I found the perfect use for them.

The baby faces are hot glued on, which turned out really well.  I was worried it wouldn't work out.


Bye, creepy family.  Have fun doing whatever creepy things you do.

What's up next?  Disney themed patches.  It's a series where we work through the alphabet.  I have A,B, and C in progress (C is almost done) and have ideas all picked for D, E, and F.  I also have to work on some Fluff stuff and I want to get a quilt made this month.  Oh and that tutorial for the bacon and eggs plushies.  Got to get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment