Wednesday, November 26, 2014

For a swap: Patch

Swaps have been slow lately so I only have this one to show off.

It was for a monthly random patch swap (so no theme).


I just went totally random with it.  I used a 5 inch charm square I got in a recent swap and just added fun embellishments.  I think I just wanted to see if I could use my machine would neatly sew on the trims and it did.  I just set the stitch length a bit smaller than I normally use and that was that.

Then I added some beads and bobbles.


Elephant sequins blowing heart buttons.  CUTE!


Rose beads with seed bead stems.  I have a handful of these beads and haven't had much use for them so this was fun to just add them to add them.


The back.  From my scrap bin.  Keeping with the low volume and linear theme.

I mailed this off to Australia today so I hope it's well received.

What else am I up to?

KITTIES!  I got my Spoonflower fabric a while back and got it all sewed up.  I just need to stuff and close the works.  Maybe I'll take those with me to stitch up while I'm sitting around my parents' house this weekend.  They are so damn cute I could die.

I also have two swaps in the works.  I have the ideas all plotted out I just need to see if I can make them work.  Well, work the way I want them to work.

Then I need to get back to the Briar Rose quilt top and work on my postage stamp quilt top and get to the big flannel whale I want to make.  I've been lazy lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment