Monday, September 22, 2014
For a Swap: Purple Dotee
It's for the rainbow/color series. Purple this time. For this series I'm doing patchwork for each doll. I wanted something different so I used the bunny pattern I have (from the Fluff Project bunnies) which worked really well.
Tail in the back, of course.
I also figured out a smarter way to do the patchwork, too. At least for these dolls where I trace the shape onto a double layer of fabric then sew right on the line and then trim it out. I made a sheet of patchwork and then sewed the ends to each other to make a tube. Then I could roll it around to find the best placement for the pattern piece because I really wanted to preserve this:
I just had to have that scrap whole on the bunny. It's just kind of cool and I really like it. Sewing the fabric end to end made that possible and I think I wasted less of the patchwork in the long run.
This one will get mailed out shortly. I want to get one more patch finished then I can mail out this bunny, the two patches I showed off previously, and the new patch. But I have to draw up my design for that patch, first.