This is getting mailed out this week.
Ninni in a costume.
A very rare mer-ninni.
The tail is (as the pic shows) removable.
(oh and fun fact, these are fabrics left over from the very first giant squid I ever made--I love that sushi fabric so much!)
The tail is lined with linen to give it a bit more stability for all the scallop stitching (machine stitches for the win!).
I was going to attempt an elastic waist but after I got it almost done I realized it didn't need it (which was a relief). I was also planning a bra top but the ninni's body is so squat there just simply wasn't room.
This was fun to figure out and not that frustrating. I made a test one in linen first and I think that made all the difference.