Monday, April 16, 2012

Feather Your Nest: Stitch along

Stumbles and Stitches is having a stitch along contest, Feather Your Nest.

More info HERE.

I've decided to join up but only in a sideline kind of way.  For one, I'm intimidated by the whole thing.  I'm a mega amateur crafter and I feel I'll just be out classed.  This is a real contest for prizes.  It's not a matter of not wanting to really participate because I only want to win a prize (and I know I won't).  It's more about feeling like the sad "oh, they tried so hard *snicker*" participant.  Don't lie, you know you've had that moment when you look at submissions for a contest (or some such) and there are CLEARLY some less talented folks participating.

Yeah, it's a hang up of mine but I know I'm not "good enough" yet and I don't want to embarrass myself.

But more importantly, I don't know what I want to make so I don't want to sign up to participate and then NOT participate and be one of THOSE people.

Third, I have an idea of something I want to do that kind of fits the theme, but kind of doesn't and I don't want to be "that person" who's all nitpicking the rules and rocking the boat (especially if I'm brand new to the group AND I have less than great skills).  Yeah, how annoying would that be, someone nit picking the requirements and then what they make is all sad and pathetic.

So, I'm going to be a sideline participant.

And I have an idea.  It fits the "feather your nest" requirement (where you make something decorative/practical for display/use in your home) and the recycling/upcycling theme.

I'm not going to go into details on my idea yet (not because it's so fabulous or anything, but just because I'm pressed for time and I want to do a progress report type thing with this too, so it will need a separate post) but I'm excited about it.

So this makes two "craft along" type projects I'm aiming to complete this month.  Good thing I'm taking the next two Tuesdays off from work (love that I have so much vacation accrued I have to take two days--wheee!).

Now to work out all the details of my Feather Your Nest project.

But first I need to do the last little bit on my Earth Day project (really, I just need to finish the hoop off so it can be displayed--such an easy step but I'm procrastinating like mad on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment