Thursday, March 27, 2014

Paintings

Next week is the new session for my painting class.

So it's time to show off the things I've wrapped up lately, since I haven't been posting progress reports.

I *finally* got all the Little Portraits done.


Priscilla


Clark


Mr. Roboto

Last night I re-did the background on Mr. Roboto and DAMN does it make a difference.  The background was just too dark before and this lighter choice is so much better.

Over the last few sessions, I also did an abstract painting.


The photo doesn't do this justice.  I really wanted to play with texture and this painting has some nice chunks and globs of paint.  That means it's going to take forever to fully dry.

So, now I need to figure out what I'm going to paint next.  I'm still kind of tired of painting my sewn creations but I do have a pretty nice picture of Violetta (the small version of the squid) that I think would be fun to put on a BIG canvas (ok, not huge or anything but big compared to the ones I've been working on lately).

But I also kind of want to do another abstract just because they are so quick and loose to do.

I've also been curious about Pointilism.  But I'm not exactly sure how to approach that type of painting.  But I kind of want the challenge.

I have a week to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment